Friday, January 22, 2010

the goal is to never stop...

In the past few weeks, life has been in one of those seasons of trial by fire. I won't bore you with the details but it always surprises me that as I get older things don't get easier in life... it's pretty much the opposite. I am one of those people that like to try to fix things for everybody else and leave the broken stuff for me to deal with. What makes it more frustrating is when I can't fix things in life for others and I internalize the supposed "grief" of others when they are left to their own devices. It has repercussions in many ways for me...

Since I know this is a ridiculous way to think in life, I am trying to "let go and let God" for lack of a better statement. Even as crazy as life gets for myself or those I love, I believe that I will see things "fixed" if I can keep my resolve to:

1) never stop being in God's Word. I am always amazed at how life changes when I flood my thoughts and spirit with the Bible...

2) never stop praying for things to be "fixed", including myself. It's so easy for me to get impatient or think God has more important things to deal with, so I try to deal with it myself. It never works and I find I just get bogged down in life when I don't let Him take care of things.

3) never stop looking for His return. Look at the world and you have to know that it's (God's rapture of His children) much sooner than we think.

4) never stop trying to pursue holiness. I'm doing a study of the epistles of John and it is so powerful and true. As much as the modern church preaches grace, we still have to try to live life by the example of Jesus. Very hard to do, but the trying is what it is all about.

What does all this mean? I'm not sure even I know as I write this, but as Job spoke " I know who my Redeemer is and I will stand with Him on that day". Lord, let that day be sooner than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment