Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A season of rest...

the older I get, it seems to me life is handed to me in seasons. I know that flies in the face of the "you make your own opportunity" wisdom of a Tony Robbins and I have been known to go there, but things seem much different these days for me. I work at what I do and I want to pursue excellence, but at the same time, I believe God is patient in my shortcomings (that's not a license for my willful rebellion), gracious in His provision (yes, I do believe that all I have is by His hand and not my clever resourcefulness) and is eager to give me His full attention when I sit down and give Him mine... This year has been full of personal disappointment. In it, I have found myself closer to Him than maybe in the past. This makes perfect sense to me and I embrace it. Right now, I've been graciously afforded a season of rest. The bills are paid for now and I have time to spend with Him and my beautiful wife. I have no idea what the next season will bring but I pray that it finds me closer to Him and to His perfect example of a Son...

1 comment:

  1. Good post Pops! Similar to my post today.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete